Daily routines and schedules are all out of whack

One day drifts right into the next

Catherine Braxton, Staff Writer

Photo by notanartist via Flickr
When to wake up, when to sleep, when to eat Reeses cups are getting all confused for sophomore who just wants to clear the schoolwork off her to do list.

3.31.2020

There was a lot of commotion this morning. Apparently, the mayor did something. I’m not really sure but my parents didn’t want me going outside despite it being the day to get work packets from school. I told them that I would need them and that I’ll be careful and they let me go. They told me to be quick and not to take any buses so I started my run to the school.

It’s about a mile away–the school from my home, so I had little problem in getting there without public transportation. It was a little difficult heading back though. Since I ran to the school I didn’t bring a bag, so I had to carry the work in my arms going home. Double the amount of work was stopping me from running back. I had to carry Jacqueline’s work because if I didn’t pick it up she would not do it.

When I got home, I showered and took a nap. I wasn’t feeling anything and I had a headache. I only woke up to get my Reese cups and I went to sleep again. I woke up around 5 p.m. and tried to do some World History work but Jacqueline and my mother were in the room, watching that movie, Harriet, so I wasn’t focused and went to sleep again. I was really out of it. My schedule has been crazy lately.

I woke up one more time. I checked my phone and saw that it was 12:46 a.m.

It was already the next day.

4.1.2020

I woke again today, at 9 a.m. 

Disappointed in my strange behavior yesterday, I decided to work all day. I started with my English II work and then my World History II work. Not Geometry, not yet. That work was due Sunday. It could wait. I worked until 11 p.m. and was surprised at how I’ve only been able to make a small dent in my work load.

What have I been doing? Was it really that much work? Do I really do this much at school?

These questions bombarded my mind as I started to slowly work. I was getting tired but I needed this work done. I wanted it gone. I wanted to sleep.

If only school work could catch covid-19.

4.2.2020

I haven’t gotten any sleep yet. Not since yesterday. It’s exactly 2:00 a.m. on this day after April Fools and I’m still up with this work. I plan on completing as much as I can until I pass out from sleep deprivation.

Wish me luck.