Feeling trapped, sophomore quells her inclination to rebel

Achievement may be measured differently during pandemic

This is the new normal at Walmart. They have to close early because at night the virus goes into crazy mode!

Catherine Braxton

Catherine Braxton, Staff Writer

3.29.2020

There were a lot of assignments due Friday and it felt a little weird doing them. Not because of the whole work-from-home thing, but because of my sudden lack of interest in it. I simply didn’t want to do any of it. I still don’t. 

Being home has started to get to me. 

It is just starting to feel like a forced vacation, and if I don’t do the work, it is a form of retaliation. Regardless of such feelings, I’ve decided to try and complete all of my assignments to the best of my ability, but I still feel a need to retaliate. Like, maybe if I go outside. Hang in some group. Maybe even hug someone, six feet too close, I’ll feel a little less cleithrophobic.

Also, the cable guy came yesterday. He had one of those masks on. The ones that actually work. He looked like a bird.

Jacqueline and I tried to go to Walmart to get a new lamp but it closed at 8:30 p.m. We had just arrived. So Walmart is closing early now like everything else.

As if the virus only spreads at night.

3.30.2020

Today was the start of the new week and more assignments. 

I did not have the energy for it all but you have to keep going sometimes.

I received new work from Chemistry, Beginning Swimming, and World History II. Had a lot of work due today as well. It’s been a busy day, and a really hot one. Jacqueline and I had tried it again, with Walmart. We went earlier this time though so the store was open, and extremely crowded. We just got what we needed and headed out. So many of them were wearing face masks. I thought they didn’t help.